In this post you will learn...
If it’s time to replace your windows, you’ll likely be surprised – and possibly confused – by the number of window screen and frame options available. Since it is important to purchase materials based on your specific needs, Stanek has created the following Window Screen Material and Window Frame Material charts for a side-by-side comparison of available options.
Window Screen Material
- Won’t dent when pushed
- Doesn’t oxidize
- Better value
- Stanek’s fiberglass screens come standard with BetterVue, which offers 33% better visibility.
- May harden over time
- Not as strong as aluminum when hit
- Widely available
- Versatile, for various screening jobs
- Strong and durable
- Rust resistant
- Won’t sag
- Will oxidize over time
- Can’t see through them as well
Window Frame Material
- Maintenance free material
- Good insulator
- Can be purchased in a woodgrain finish for the ‘wood look’ but vinyl durability
- Doesn’t rust, warp or splinter
- If you purchase vinyl that is not reinforced it might sag over time (Stanek provides reinforced vinyl for all frames)
- Though fire resistant, could melt if held to an open flame for longer periods of time
- Beautiful look
- Good insulator
- Adds value; considered ‘high end’
- Good at reducing noise
- High maintenance
- Can show age if not taken care of properly
- Most expensive; considered ‘higher end’
- Can warp, splinter, and show wear
- Easily scratched
- Burns easily in a fire
- Can be less expensive than other options
- Same temperature inside as outside
- Will sweat when cold
- Not as durable as vinyl
Stanek professionals are available to listen to your specific window needs– small screens to keep out the bugs, durable screens that will withstand your cat’s claws, window frames that require little maintenance – and recommend the materials that will work best for your lifestyle.
In addition, we manufacture and install all of our windows, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality in materials and the best service possible.
Call 1-800-230-8301 today to schedule your free consultation.