In this post, you will learn...
- How to tell if your home needs replacement windows
- Custom window options from Stanek® Windows
- Why you should consider replacement windows with FlexScreen technology
During the fall season, it seems as though your to-do list just keeps getting longer. In an area with cold winters, it is easy to understand why you would want to tackle most of your home renovations while the weather is pleasant. If you’re considering pushing your replacement window needs to the top of your list before the colder weather, Stanek® Windows can help. Consider these 5 tips for installing replacement windows before the fall.
1. Decide Whether to Replace, or Not to Replace
There are many ways to tell if your windows are ready to be replaced, and just as many risks involved in not replacing them when they are due. If you are experiencing any of the problems below, it may be time to consider making this worthwhile investment.
- Drafty windows? Letting in excess air during extremely hot or cold temperatures can contribute to increasing energy expenses.
- Tired of putting up plastic? Covering your drafty windows with plastic is not only cumbersome, it doesn’t help all that much. You might not feel quite the draft but your heat and conditioned air is escaping.
- Has the opening and closing of your windows become more difficult? Safety can be jeopardized when locks, appropriate fit and frame stability are at risk.
- Excessive moisture accumulation? When moisture collects on the inside of your home, you are more susceptible to mold, mildew and water damage threats.
2. Consider Your Personal Preferences
With a variety of window styles and 25 custom window shapes to choose from, Stanek® Windows really does have something for everyone. We offer endless custom options so we can tailor your windows to fit your home and your individual sense of style. Don’t see what you’re looking for here? Just ask! Because we manufacture our own windows, we can accommodate just about anything.
- Worried about energy efficiency? Stanek® windows have earned among the highest structural and thermal ratings in the industry. We offer standard ¾-inch to 1 1/8-inch glass units to give you maximized heating and cooling returns with the same great visual appearance. Choose from double- or triple-pane glass with low-e coatings and either Argon or Krypton insulating gas for maximum energy-efficiency
- Have a “one-of-a-kind” color you want to match? Our wide range of interior and exterior colors allow you to get the customized shade you’re looking for. With 6 standard interior colors including 4 woodgrain options plus unlimited custom exterior colors, you’ll be sure to find a color right for you.
- Want to personalize your windows even more? We offer a variety of different glass options including privacy glass, safety glass, grooved glass patterns, etched glass styles and more. In addition, choose from 6 distinctive hardware finishes to add charm and style.
3. Think About Your Budget
Replacement windows are an investment that will pay off, both in the short and long term. However, you must consider your budget before tackling a project like this. Does it make sense for you to replace the most problematic windows first or the entire house? Whatever you decide to do, Stanek Windows offers a variety of zero interest and low monthly payment plans so your replacement window project will fit comfortably within your budget.
4. Consider a Timeframe
While your windows can be replaced year-round, the warmer months can be ideal in order to maintain maximum comfort in your home during the installation process. Whether you are replacing one or all of your windows, Stanek® uses a professional crew to help maximize efficiency and give your home its desired look and feel. If you do need or want to replace you windows in the dead of winter, we utilize a Cold Weather Installation Process to minimize your home’s exposure to the elements during the actual installation.
5. Explore New Technologies
We’ve recently added the world’s first flexible window screen, FlexScreen, made of flexible, PVC coated, high-performance spring steel, to our double-hung and sliding window styles.
If you were already considering giving your home a facelift, why not choose replacement windows with FlexScreen technology, recipient of the Most Innovative Window Component Award in 2015 for its:
- Simple Design
- Damage Resistance
- Easier Installation
- Improved Sight Lines
If you think your home is in need of replacement windows, give us a call today. We’ll come to your home, assess your existing windows and provide a free, in-home estimate. Don’t spend another winter dealing with drafty, failing windows. Call 800-230-8301 today to learn more.
You May Also Be Interested In: