In this post, you will learn…
- What a casement window is and where it fits best in your home
- Advantages and disadvantages of casement windows
- Why Stanek brand replacement windows are the best option for your home
Casement windows are a beautiful addition to any home that can provide you and your family with unobstructed views of the outdoors. In this blog post, we will explain the benefits and features of Stanek® vinyl casement windows.
What is a Casement Window?
Are you looking for a great window for your home that is easy to open and close? A casement window might be the right option for you. A casement window hinges at the side and opens outward to the left or right. They are also known as crank windows, since they are opened with a handle that cranks the supporting arm of the window outward. Our casement windows open and close with ease due to their easy-turn, fold-down handle.
If you are looking for a window that offers ventilation, a casement window is a good choice. Casement windows are commonly used in places where maximum ventilation is desired, such as a kitchen or a bathroom. They can also be found over an obstruction like a kitchen sink to make opening and closing easier. Crank windows are also frequently used in sitting rooms and sunrooms, since they provide unobstructed views of the outdoors.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Vinyl Casement Windows
- Advantage: Since Stanek casement windows open to a 90-degree angle, the inside and outside can be easily and safely cleaned from the inside of your home.
- Advantage: Casement windows have the screen on the inside of the window, keeping it clean and out of the weather.
- Advantage: Casement windows have a tighter seal than other window types, which makes them one of the most energy-efficient options available.
- Disadvantage/Consideration: Casement windows open outward and can therefore be an obstruction while opened if they are near exterior walkways.
Why are Stanek Casement Windows the Best Option for My Home?
Stanek casement window screens are color matched with the interior of the window. This includes wood grain options as well. Due to its design, a casement window’s surface area acts as a sail by catching the wind and sending it into your home, which allows for maximum ventilation in your space. Stanek vinyl replacement windows are built with Super-Spacer® technology between the glass panes, which helps to prevent the transfer of heat and helps to stop seal failure.
Stanek casement windows offer endless options so you can create the perfect window for your home. We also deliver the best value for your investment. Not only do we design and manufacture our custom replacement windows, but we also install, guarantee and service them. From the initial in-home estimate to the installation of your windows, the Stanek experts are there for you every step of the way.
Are you interested in learning more about Stanek casement windows? Schedule a free, in-home estimate, or give us a call at 1-800-230-8301 for more information.
You May Also Be Interested In: