In this post, you will learn…
- Replacement window types
- The ideal locations for different types of windows
- Custom window options
Did you know that there are many different types, styles and customizable options for replacement windows? Bow or bay, double-hung or sliding, awning or casement? The choices can be dizzying! Discover the many available window styles and choose which option will work best for your personal design preferences and the architecture of your home. Learn more from this infographic that illustrates the different options for replacement windows.
Types of Replacement Windows
Replacement windows come in many different styles and shapes. Choosing the one best suited for you and your home depends on the architectural style of your home, how and where the window is going to be used, and the type of performance you need from your windows. Learn more about each window style below as well as the ideal location and use for each one. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to select the style of windows you already have, especially if it doesn’t work for you!
- Double-hung windows are the most traditional window style available. They are also the most popular. Best suited for window openings where the height is greater than the width, they are ideal choices for walls next to patios, decks & walkways. Cleaning is a breeze with double-hung windows, as both sashes easily open fully and tilt inward.
- Sliding, or gliding, windows boast slim vertical lines for a clean, elegant look - a welcome addition for any architectural style. Ideal for window openings where the width is greater than the height, sliding replacement windows are a great choice for walls near a deck or walkway. Customize your windows in either two- or three-lite configurations. Either option offers reinforced sashes that glide smoothly and have a tilt-in feature for ease of cleaning.
- Awning and casement windows have clean, simple lines that complement the architecture of modern homes well and can update the look of traditional homes. Awning windows work best in openings where the width is greater than the height, and casement windows are best suited for openings where the height is larger than the width. Both types of windows crank outward for ease of opening and cleaning, making them a perfect solution for the space above your kitchen sink.
- A bay window is a collection of three windows at 25- to 45-degree angles, while bow windows contain 3, 4 or 5 windows at 10- or 15-degree angles. Both window styles are a beautiful focal point for any home and the perfect way to create a cozy reading nook or update an existing one. Choose double-hung or casement window styles as end vents to complete the perfect bow or bay window for your space.
- Custom shape windows are fixed windows, often referred to as picture windows. They are the perfect solution for openings with an abundance of natural light and hard-to-reach spaces where the windows do not need to open. Stanek decorative windows are available in 25 specialty window shapes.
The infographic above illustrates how each of these window styles might look in your home. Envision your updated space.
Customized Window Options
Once you have chosen the types of windows you want for your home, it’s time to customize them! Want truly unique windows? Choose from an array of interior and exterior colors, hardware, and more. The only limit to your new vinyl replacement windows is your imagination. Stanek brand vinyl replacement windows are made using FIBERMAX®, a composite uPVC structural reinforcement, for optimum long-term performance.
Interior & Exterior Color Options
Choose from a variety of colors to match your home perfectly. Stanek® windows are available in six standard interior colors, including four vinyl woodgrain options and eight standard exterior colors. Do you need a unique color to match your home’s exterior? Stanek® can match any color swatch and create your perfect custom color. Our high-performance colors and finishes are specifically engineered to last and keep your windows looking new for years to come. The long-lasting color is fade resistant, easily cleaned with soap and water, and has strong surface adherence to resist scratches and scrapes.
Woodgrain Interior & Custom Wood Trim Options
Vinyl woodgrain interiors offer the look of real wood windows without all of the maintenance. While real wood windows are beautiful, they’re susceptible to the elements and need regular upkeep. Vinyl woodgrain interiors are maintenance-free and won’t rot, splinter or crack like real wood. Complement the look of your vinyl woodgrain windows with custom interior wood trim in cherry, oak, pine or poplar.
Designer Glass & Custom Grid Options
Create the perfect window for your home by adding a sophisticated window with designer details. Custom etched glass, privacy glass and custom grids allow you to customize with elegant details. Check out our interactive designer glass selector.
Energy-Efficient Glass Options
Glass is the most important choice for your windows, because the type of glass in a window affects the flow of heat in and out of your home, the amount of light that comes through the window and the amount of noise in your home. Stanek® Windows offer some of the most energy-efficient glass on the market to maximize your comfort and lower your heating and cooling costs.
Select hardware finishes that complement your interior décor and personal preference. Leave a distinct impression on your guests with a sophisticated window and elegant hardware. Stanek® Windows offers several hardware finishes to complement your interior décor. From handles to locks and levers, we have you covered. Check out our interactive color selector.
If you’re ready to purchase premium vinyl replacement windows or doors for your home, schedule your free, in-home estimate with Stanek® Windows today. Not ready to schedule? Download our helpful guide to learn more.
You May Also Be Interested In: