In this post, you will learn...
- Important things to consider before purchasing a home
- The value of replacement windows
- What makes Stanek brand windows different
Buying a home can be overwhelming; especially with the countless things you need to consider before you can purchase. While you need to consider the square footage, cost and overall value of your new home, there are other details that may cost you in the long run if you overlook them during the buying process.
What Should be Taken into Consideration Before I Purchase a Home?
Before you purchase a home, it’s important to consider features that may need attention after the transaction. Here are a few questions to ask before you buy a home that could greatly impact your costs down the road:
- Is the roof in need of repair?
- Does the septic tank need to be replaced?
- Is the foundation solid?
- Does the HVAC system work?
- Do any of the doors or windows leak air from the home?
- Do the bathroom or kitchen need to be renovated?
While most of the items in the list above should be checked by a home inspector before you purchase, windows are often overlooked during the buying process. Replacement windows are an investment; that’s why it’s important to consider their value before purchasing a new home.
What is the Value of Replacing Old Windows?
Whether you’re selling your house or buying a new one, there are several benefits of replacing old, leaky windows. If you’re selling your home, new windows may greatly increase its value, sale price and curb appeal. According to Modernize.com, replacement windows are worth the money you invest in them. By investing in replacement windows, you can recoup about 70 to 80% of your investment on your home’s market value. For example, if you spend $15,000 on new windows, you can expect to increase your home’s value by $10,500 to $12,000.
If you’re buying a new house, you will also see the benefits of replacement windows. Experts found that 70% of home energy loss occurs in windows and glass. Investing in quality replacement windows will lower your heating and cooling costs; especially if you purchase high-quality ones.
Stanek® Windows offers several high-performance, energy-efficient glass options to reduce heating and cooling costs. Our Comfort-Gard® Plus high-performance glass is one of the most advanced glass options available and can maximize your heating and cooling return without darkening your room. Available in all window options, our Comfort-Gard Plus glass retains heat in the winter and reflects heat in the summer to reduce energy costs.
Stanek also offers Comfort-Gard Xtreme high performance glass, which is one of the most energy-efficient glass on the market. This triple-pane glass is filled with two layers of soft-coat Low-E and two layers of argon gas. Our Comfort-Gard Xtreme glass also provides maximum noise control and controls the glare in bright and sunny climates. These energy-efficient windows also save your furniture from fading by blocking UV rays 99% more effectively than standard window glass.
While it can become expensive to replace multiple windows in your home, Stanek offers financing and special offers to make the buying process less stressful and more affordable.
What Should I Consider Before Purchasing Home Replacement Windows?
- Quality over price. When looking for replacement windows, it’s important that you don’t base your decision solely on price. Be wary of windows that are low cost, because they are likely low quality and will perform poorly. It is also important to look for hidden costs. You may see advertisements for $189 replacement windows, but like most things, you get what you pay for. Stanek Windows offers affordable replacement windows that will last a lifetime; not a just a few years.
- Ask the right questions about installation. Before you buy, it’s important to be informed about the installation process. A window is only as good as its installation, so it’s imperative that your windows are properly installed. Stanek’s professional installers will walk you through the process so you know exactly what to expect when your new windows are installed. We want you to be comfortable with your purchase; that’s why we maintain transparency throughout the entire project. At Stanek Windows, we manage the process from the beginning to end to ensure a stress-free experience for our customers. We design, manufacture, install, guarantee and service your windows, making us a one-stop shop. If anything goes wrong, you call us, not a third party. View our Window Installation Guide for more information.
- Consider which type of window is best for your home. A window can change the aesthetics of a room; that’s why it’s important to consider which window style is best for your space. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a window style:
- Where is the window in your home?
- How do you want the window to function?
- What type of space is the window going to open into or adjacent to?
- How easy will it be to access the window?
- How will you use the window?
Stanek offers energy-efficient double-hung windows, awning and casement windows, bow and bay windows, sliding windows and custom shape windows. For more information, view our Stanek Windows Catalog.
- Customize your windows. When purchasing windows, it’s also important to think about what custom options are best for your home. Stanek offers endless ways to personalize your windows with custom options that allow you to match your windows with your home’s unique style. Stanek’s custom window options include:
If you’re ready to design the perfect replacement windows for your home, schedule your free, in-home estimate, or give us a call today at 800-230-8301.
You May Also Be Interested In: